Over the past year, Mercy Investment Services engaged in a process of reflection and strategy to develop the next iteration of our strategic plan and review the visual identity of our organization. That process has resulted in the adoption of the 2023-2027 Strategic Plan and a new logo.
Our new logo reflects our current reality and carries us into the future. The green and blue colors reflect our extensive commitment to care for Earth, while the globe emphasizes the international impact of both our investments and our shareholder advocacy. The cross grounds us in our heritage as a ministry of the Sisters of Mercy. During the coming weeks and months, we’ll be rolling out our new logo across all our communications.
During Fiscal 2023, the Board of Directors of Mercy Investment Services entered into its next strategic planning process to ensure the organization remains closely aligned with the Mercy congregation and secures its position as a leader in mission-based, socially responsible impact investing. The 2023-2027 Strategic Plan, approved by the board of directors in September 2022, emphasizes:
- Intentionality in applying the organization’s values to the mission of Mercy Investment Services;
- Continued strengthening and deepening of the organization’s environmental, social and governance (ESG), thematic and impact investment strategies and shareholder engagement activities in support of the Institute’s Chapter 2017 Recommitment Statement and future Chapter directives;
- Developing a comprehensive diversity, equity and inclusion strategy that includes governance service, investment and organizational decisions;
- Ensuring connectivity to the intercultural reality and international perspective of the Sisters of Mercy and outcomes for Mercy Investment Services; and
- Aligning the work of the organization with the critical strategic issues related to Human Rights and Equity, Healthy Persons and Communities, and Healthy Planet.
We believe that this five-year plan and updated visual identity build on our strengths and position us to continue to be a leader in socially responsible investing. We appreciate your support of our ministry.